When you own your own business the idea of taking a week or two away can be daunting. However, there are many benefits to taking a holiday. It gives you time to relax and rejuvenate. It can also give you the head space you need to problem solve and plan for your business.
Here’s our Business Owner’s holiday checklist to help you get ready for your summer break.
Download PDF Version
One month before….
– Let your clients know you’ll be away and let them know what cover you have put in place.
– Consider whether there are aspects of your business that you can outsource while you are away.
– Prioritise and plan what you need to get done before you go away.
One week before…
– Plan the task that will need to be completed the week you return and set up reminders.
– Check your accounts: pay outstanding bills, chase outstanding invoices and schedule new invoices.
– Create a handover brief for any work being covered or outsourced.
One day before…
– Set up an out of office message for email.
– Update voicemail message or set up call forwarding, depending on cover arrangements.
– Turn off your computer, tidy your desk and relax!